The village of Tomino has 224 permanent inhabitants (latest census) over 6 hamlets. The municipality's territory extends from the northern exit of the Méria marina to Macinaggio, where the Gioielli brook runs.
The name Tomino appears in very old documents, notably in 1115 when the bishop of Mariana offered the Benedictine Abbey of the Island of Gorgona the San Nicolao de Tomino Church.
A number of chapels have been built in the area: Sainte Catherine, Saint Antoine, Saint Guillaume, Saint Bernardin (which became Saint Pancrace in the 19th century), Saint Roch in the marina and Saint Roch in the hamlet of Poggio.
In the centre of this little village on Cap Corse, there is a circular tower as well as a square-plan fortified house, both dating from the 19th century.
Wine growing was also very important at Tomino as it was throughout Cap Corse. In 1770, it represented 80% of the cultivated area and 30% of the communal surface (for approximately 170 hectares). The remaining cultivated land was given over to olive growing, with 5,504 olive trees at the time.
Two windmills used to grind cereal are also present: The first is located on the Colline de Bucino overlooking the Macinaggio Marina. It is visible from the terrace of our boutique hotel. The second is located above the Méria Marina.
Numerous trails offer walks for all levels: Across the village, to the windmills or towards the peaks surrounding the village, to the Macinaggio Marina or the Route des Crêtes of Cap Corse, and of course, the Sentier des Douaniers will take you from Macinaggio to Centuri (for the more intrepid) for a discovery of the most beautiful beaches of Cap Corse.